Fall is a popular season to declutter your home in order to prepare for the holidays. One area to begin organizing is the basement. It is easy to get in the habit of storing random items in your basement and forgetting to organize them. Now is the time to take back your basement!
Ways to Use Your Basement
There are several ways you can use your basement once it is decluttered. Some folks want to use their basement as a spare bedroom, others want to use it as a home movie theater, and then there are those that want it to be a man cave or game room.
If you’re planning on creating a hobby room in your basement, make sure to include enough shelving and workspaces so you can work on your next craft project. Utilize the wall to hang shelves, inspiration boards, whiteboards, and hooks to hold supplies.
If you want to turn your basement into a guest bedroom, be sure to remove personal items, household objects, and seasonal decorations from the area to create a calm and serene space for visiting family or friends.
Having a game room or home theater in your basement requires a lot of open space for furniture, large tv’s or projector screens, and game tables. Decluttering your space can make a huge difference. Just think of the all the living space you could regain just by organizing one of the largest rooms in your home! The possibilities are endless.
Depending on the size of your basement and how many items are currently in your space, a lot of decluttering may be ahead of you. Not to worry, though. Convenient and secure self storage at Affordable Storage is here to help!
How to Use Self Storage to Declutter Your Basement
A self storage unit can store your household items, extra furniture, additional tv’s, home decorations, seasonal clothing, luggage, sports gear, and other objects.
1. Store electronics and furniture in a climate controlled storage unit to prevent moisture damage and to guard from extreme temperatures.
2. If you’re on a budget, use non-climate controlled storage to store household items that aren’t susceptible to humidity damage.
3. Use large plastic storage containers or durable boxes to store clothing, household items, and other small belongings
4. Store clothing and additional objects inside luggage that you plan to store in your unit.
5. Use our storage calculator to find what unit size you need based on the items you plan to store.
Sioux City’s premier self storage facility, Affordable Storage has a wide range of storage unit sizes. No matter how much or how little you have to store, we have an affordable solution for you. Online bill pay and Auto-Pay are available to help you never miss a payment and keep track of your storage rental. Our facility is open 7 days a week for your convenience. Visit our facility or use our website to rent a secure unit online!