Tips for Storage in Sioux City
Here at Affordable Self Storage we like to go the extra mile to ensure that all of our tenants have a smooth and efficient Sioux City storage facility experience. We have compiled the following list of storage tips to help keep your belongings free from damage during transport and storage.
- Pack your items carefully with proper planning to avoid damage during transport or unpacking
- Use boxes that are sturdy and in good condition in order to keep your things free from harm
- When packing, fill boxes until they are full and pack newspaper or shredded paper to fill in any empty space
- Don’t pack too many items into one box or they might be too heavy to lift
- Seal boxes with packing tape to avoid any dust collecting on your belongings while in storage
- Wrap fragile items in paper, towels or rags and pack them tightly
- Make sure your items are dry in order to prevent mold during storage
- Label contents of each box and make note of fragile items
- Use bubble wrap to pack large, fragile items such as mirrors and frames
- Take furniture apart when possible to maximize space when packing them into your storage unit
- Use furniture covers for safety and to prevent dust collection
- Do not store materials like gasoline, oil or cleaning supplies, which can be flammable and combustible
Affordable Self Storage in Sioux City offers a large variety of storage sizes at our facility. Choose the unit that best fits your self storage needs from our Sioux City North Units Available page, the Sioux City South Storage Units Available page or the Sioux City Singing Hills Units Available page.